Wedding Wednesday: Choosing a Color Scheme

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Happy Wedding Wednesday. I can't believe that a year ago it was a little less than 2 months before our wedding. The 2 months before the wedding is where the majority of my planning took place. Yes I'm one of those that work best under pressure. I think I spent almost every night working on some sort of wedding craft. I was so burnt out by the time the wedding rolled around that I swore I was over crafting and planning events for the rest of my life. I'll be honest though, a year later I sort of miss it. So I thought it would be fun to jump back into the Wedding Wednesday posts and share some fun ideas if I was planning another wedding...just for someone else this time. My brother is getting married in a few months, and I've realized that I enjoy helping others plan their weddings so much more because there is no pressure or stress on my part.

 photo C32A8796_zpsa3bff2b0.jpg

Today I thought we would chat about color schemes. The color scheme for my wedding was pink and turquoise/blue. This picture of my flowers represents my color scheme perfectly. Now it's interesting how I ended up with this color scheme. You see I originally was going to go with purple and sage green, but my niece informed me she wanted to wear a pink twirly dress in my wedding. She even showed me a picture of a dress she loved in one of her books she got from the library. I mean how do you tell a 4 year old she can't wear a pink twirly dress? You can't, so you just go with it. I was also falling in love with blue mason jars at the time, and thought they would be perfect vases for my floral arrangements.

 photo IMG_97342_zps0f4fb71b.jpg


Around the same time I had a meeting for my bouquet, and found the most perfect broaches in pinks and blues and I was sold that this would be my color scheme.

Now many of you may not have a bossy 4 year old to help you determine your color scheme. There are so many options and the colors you choose can be inspired from anywhere -- your venue, the season or even your favorite colors. With so much inspiration thanks to Pinterest, it's sometimes hard getting lost in the rainbow of colors to narrow you colors down while still trying to figure out how everything is going to come together.

Recently I came across a great resource from the Wedding Paper Divas. They have created more than 190 wedding color schemes, and have paired them with some great Pinterest inspiration. You can sort by color, or by season. Today I wanted to share some of my favorite color schemes for Summer brides. Click on the link below each picture to go to the corresponding Pinterest board for more inspiration.














I'm not going to lie, there are a ton of other cute color schemes, and I'm sure glad that I don't have to make the big decision to pick just one. But I do think this is a very valuable resource. I love that it shows the main color at the top, and then provides a couple of accent colors. I also love that each color scheme links to Pinterest to show wedding invites, cakes, dresses, accessories, flowers, etc that goes with that particular color scheme. I'm not going to lie, I might use this tool to help figure out some home decor color schemes as well. It's a great resource for everyone.

Ok brides, what's your favorite color scheme? If you are already married, what did you choose and what was your inspiration?

You can find more details from our Wedding here.

Linking up with Borrowed Heaven for Wedding Wednesday.


 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg
http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

8 comments:

  1. Those color schemes are so beautiful! I am using aqua and accenting in silver. It's hard because there is only one color but at the same time I'm just making everything else silver and sparkly and I like how it's turning out. If i'm lucky I can sneak a little pink in (mostly with the flowers) but my fiance isn't a huge fan. Regardless, I love my colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with crafting every single night for our wedding. It seems like it may never end, but the end result will be worth it! I have never been a fan of the color pink, but wedding planning has swayed me a bit. The pinks and greens in this inspiration post look amazing together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these schemes!! Our purple and teal is still by far my favorite (kind of like your second to last one, but I also love that last one with all of the pretty bright yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hey Jen! I joined up today too! So crazy to think where our heads were at this time last year, isn't it?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those board with the color dots....such a great idea! I went with purple and grey. I had a fall wedding and it turned out to be the perfect amount of pop with all the foilage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We did orange and navy blue, but I really love the last one with the yellow. It's such a happy color, it belongs in weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your color scheme! I completely agree it's more fun to help others plan for their weddings.. I'm looking forward to my sister getting engaged so I can enjoy all the fun parts, without being stressed out =) The inspiration/planning stage was my favorite part, but actually doing it all, not so much haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. My wife and I wanted a wedding reception hall that is modern and fancy looking. The manager at this vow renewal place helped guide us through the entire night. We want to give a final thanks to their entire staff for all they did on our special night. Highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!