Clean Eating Peach Crumble

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

When visiting my parents over the weekend for Memorial Day, my Mom and I took a trip to the Farmers Market to pick up some flowers. While we were there I spotted some fresh peaches and just had to get some. I then perused Pinterest in search of a healthy peach crumble. Many of the recipes claimed they were clean but they still included some butter and flour. I was determined to come up with a healthy recipe, so I took bits for different recipes and came up with this version, which turned out pretty good. Rick said it wasn't too bad, and then when I explained that it didn't have any sugar or butter in it he was like...really...are you serious? Who knew peach crumble could be healthy?!?

My trick was using Kind granola clusters as the topping, along with a little honey. That saved me from needing butter and flour to make the topping. I also used some corn starch and honey instead of sugar and flour in the filling and it worked perfect. Since the topping was also already crunchy, I only had to bake this for about 20 mins vs the typical 30-40 mins...which make it even better.

 photo CE Peach Crumble_zpst2lo5zi1.jpg

Clean Eating Peach Crumble
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients:
-- 8 small/medium peaches
-- 2 tsp corn starch
-- Honey
-- 1 tsp almond extract
-- Kinda granola clusters (I used the Vanilla/Blueberry clusters)

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350. Then, dice your peaches and toss with the corn starch, a little honey and the almond extract. Place in a greased pan. Top with the granola until it evenly covers the top (this could be 1-2 cups depending on the size of your dish). Then drizzle some more honey on top of the granola and baked for 20 mins or until the peaches are bubble and the top is browned. Then enjoy, or cover with whipped topping (NOT CLEAN) if you are my husband. Oh well I tried...ha! It's still very good even without whipped topping, just a FYI :)

 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I love the combination of another fruit in the granola to add even more fruit flavor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect! YUM! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!