Life Update

Thursday, May 28, 2015

I've mentioned a couple of times about a big change in my life, and the photo below is probably a spoiler alert that it isn't about a bundle of joy.

 photo 647A007D-6FCF-44A0-8DBD-E4018E8670A7_zpsk5qa4wvh.jpg


My big news is I got a new job! And the above picture was what Rick surprised me with on my last day at my old job. It was a huge change for me as I was at my previous job for 10.5 years. It's basically all I ever knew, and I literally grew up at that job as I started it right out of Grad School...shoot I can't believe I've been out of Grad School for 11 years now...where has time gone??

I haven't mentioned much about my job here on the blog, but previously I worked for an advertising agency that specialized in pharmaceutical marketing and most of our projects were targeted to health care professionals. It was a big decision to leave my company as I did enjoy what I was doing and worked with some great people. But after 10.5 years, I felt that I needed some different experience in order to keep myself competitive in my industry.

About 2 months ago one of my good friends sent me an email letting me know of an opening at her agency and asked if I wanted her to set up a meeting with her boss. I wasn't looking for a new job, but I thought it couldn't hurt to have a chat, and the thought of working with my friend again sounded like a lot of fun. A few weeks later I had an offer and last week was my first week at the new job.

Without sharing too much information in case there are any confidentiality issues, my client at the new agency is a very well know pet food company and my sleeve of business promotes in pet specialty stores. So basically we get to talk about cats and dogs all day long...what's more fun than that?? So far I've learned that we develop banner ads, in-store displays, email blasts, microsites for sweepstakes and we've even developed a few blogger programs.

It's a completely different world from pharmaceutical, but it's a good change. So far my favorite things about the agency (after only 1.5 weeks mind you), is that people can bring their dogs to work, and there is free Snapple's in the kitchen. Doesn't take much to make me happy right...ha!

So that's my big news. Hopefully I didn't disappoint anyone thinking it might be baby news. Maybe someday :)

 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! Being about to bring my dogs to work would sell it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job! Being about to bring my dogs to work would sell it for me!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!