Tips for Getting Fit for Summer

Monday, June 8, 2015

Can you believe the first day of Summer is less than 2 weeks away?? A few months ago (even a few weeks ago...thanks Ohio), I seriously thought Summer would never get here. And now bikini and shorts season is upon us...who's ready?!?

Ok so we may not all be ready to rock that two-piece, but there's still time to get fit for Summer and today I wanted to share a few of my tips to get you bikini ready.

 photo 08D9E4EC-7727-4917-B0C1-2DBD7BF1129E_zpspfiafxxb.png

1. Start Today -- we all know to meet our fitness goals we've got to put in a little hard work. So start today with just 30 mins of activity. Many times people will say, I'm going to start my program on X day, but really it doesn't hurt to start right now and do a little each day. It will start to add up and just think if you started now, you could have 390 minutes of exercise in before the 1st day of Summer!

2. Work out early -- I find that I get a better workout in if I start first thing in the morning for a few reasons. 1. I've had a lot less time to come up with excuses for the day. 2. It's cooler in the morning, so I tend to be more comfortable working out. 3. I get it out of the way before the sun comes up and the fun begins. Get it out of the way, so you don't feel guilty about relaxing by the pool, enjoying a good book on the deck, or going out for cocktails on the patio.

3. Make a workout date with friends -- Instead of going out for happy hour, have your friends bring their sneakers/comfortable clothes and take a walk in the park, ride bikes, do something active outside. It's starting to stay light out much later now, so you might as well enjoy being outside as much as possible. Bring a picnic and enjoy some healthy appetizers after your workout to make it even more fun.

4. Try something new -- Mix it up and try some different activities outside such as hiking, kayaking, bike riding, swimming, taking a walk or playing fetch with your pup, roller blading...just to name a few.

5. Drink lots of water -- You can easily get dehydrated in the Summer heat, so make sure you drink lots of water before and after your workout, and throughout the day. Staying hydrated also helps with bloating and water retention, and keeps you skin glowing.

6. Join a challenge group -- I've been involved with workout challenge groups for 3 months now and highly recommend. Since I quite my gym, and workout primarily at home, it's sometimes hard to stay motivated without having someone to workout with to keep me motivated. Online challenge groups are great because you can meet new people, share tips and achievements, and ask for help when you are struggling. It also helps keep you accountable to your workouts and eating healthy every day.

Speaking of challenge groups, I wanted to share that the 21 Day Challenge Pack is currently on sale, and it's an amazing deal. This is my go-to workout program, and it's made a huge difference for my body and my overall health. If you have ever wanted to try it, now's the time before the price goes back up!! If you are interested let me know because if your purchase a challenge pack you can join one of our challenge groups for FREE!! If anyone is interested, or has any questions, let me know.

So what are some of your favorite Summer workout tips? 

 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. I know I need to workout in the morning more often...I just need to get motivated to get out of bed!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!