Beauty Review: YSL Touch Eclat Blur Perfector and Primer

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Happy (almost) Friday! I love trying out new beauty products and was super excited to try out some new products from YSL in my latest Influenster box.

 photo IMG_5215_1_zpsfpo7v8zy.jpg


When I first opened my box, I was super excited at how cute these products were. I love the gold and pink compact and was intrigued by the gold flecks in the primer. More on that in a minute.

 photo IMG_5224_1_zpseajz8nbn.jpg


Here are the outer cartons, also very cute, love all of the gold. I have to admit, I love cute packaging and it gets me all the time!

 photo IMG_5225_1_zpshzucd3mx.jpg


The compact comes with a little mirror inside and an applicator and the primer has a little paddle-like applicator inside the cap to help dispense the product.

 photo IMG_5227_1_zpsugdq0vjs.jpg


So let's talk about the Touche Eclat Blur Primer. This is the first radiance boosting primer which is formulated with four nourishing oils. It's supposed to leave your skin feeling incredibly soft without a greasy residue, diminish the look of pores, even skin tone and make your skin appear more luminous. I applied the primer after my moisturizer and I did notice my skin feeling a lot more smoother. I was a little worried about the oils, as most products that are not oil-free tend to break out my skin. I've used it a few times, and tried to keep it away from the really oily areas on my face, and so far I haven't had any major breakouts. I was also kind of nervous you would see the gold flecks all over my face. I did notice 1 or 2, but for the most part my face wasn't sparkly, but a little more luminous.

 photo IMG_5229_1_zpspmptdau0.jpg


The Touche Eclat Blur Perfector is the first blur on-the-go. This product starts out as a balm, but as you apply it turns into a powder. It's supposed to sweep away shine and imperfections and can be used alone as an all-over complexion perfector, to set your makeup, or as a mattifying touch up throughout the day.

I don't wear foundation, so I just used this to even out my complexion and mattify my t-zone. Again, I don't think this product is oil-free, so I was a little nervous but so far no major breakouts. My only complaint is the applicator does not fit into the compact. It does come with a black bag to keep everything together, but I worry the applicator will get dirty and possibly contaminated


 photo DE88327D-AF42-4C52-9C73-36311786893B_zpsr20uxpzj.jpg


I attempted to take a selfie the other morning on my way into work to show off how my skin looks. I didn't want to retouch the photo to skew my results, so not the best lighting, but you can see that my skin does have a nice matte finish. I did feel a little oily towards mid-day, but that is kind of normal in the Summertime. I plan on keeping the compact in my purse for touch-ups throughout the day.

Overall, I do like the blur perfector compact. It's very cute and I did like how it mattified my skin. I do wish the applicator would fit in the compact.

The primer is nice, but since I don't really wear foundation I'm not sure how much it is needed in my beauty routine. I might keep it in my routine for special occasions when I want my skin to look it's best.

I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.


 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!