DIY Wedding Shadowbox

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

I have a fun Post-Wedding DIY to share today. If you are like me, there are many items from your wedding that hold lots of sentiment. I love looking at certain items and remembering special moments from our special day. But what do you actually do to store and protect those things? 

 photo IMG_5089_1_Edit2_zpss7hvvnfz.jpg

I decided to put all of my special items in a shadowbox that I can display in our home. I love that they are somewhat protected but are also in a fun display that I can look at every day and remember our wedding day.

 photo IMG_5089_1_Edit_zpswe262kxr.jpg


I found the shadowbox at Michaels for about $25 on sale. I think I used a 40% coupon.


 photo IMG_5090_Edit_zpsyj1kopvj.jpg


The shadow box is about 2" thick, so things like our wedding cake forks and my hair piece fit really nicely and there are no worries of something getting smashed.

 photo IMG_5087_1_Edit_zpsrjzmngoa.jpg


It's really easy to access the items from the back if they are needed. We used our cake forks to eat our 1 year wedding anniversary cake, and we will likely pull them out every year to enjoy some sort of dessert along with our toasting glasses.

We finally got around to hanging this up at the top of our stairs over the weekend while we were installing our gallery wall (DIY for that coming soon). I love that every time I walk upstairs I get a fun reminder of our special day.

Do you have a way to display your special items from your wedding day? I have my brooch bouquet displayed as well, and it is just a fun way to continue to enjoy items from your big day.

You can find more about our wedding day here.

Linking up with Wedding Wednesday.

 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. This is soooo sweet, and I love your cake forks! I never thought of that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I am deciding how to show off some of our wedding items and for some reason a shadow box hadn't come to mind. I am going to buy one this weekend!

    Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea and your shadow box turned out amazing! - Svetlana @Life with a Side of Wine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinning this! I LOVE it! I've been trying to figure out what to do with my invitations and little wedding stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!