Weekending

Monday, August 10, 2015

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend! This weekend was our last full weekend without really many plans and it was a perfect combination of getting things done, but also relaxing and having a little fun. I don't think I've done a weekend recap in for-ev-er, so I thought it would be fun to share a little bit of what we were up to this weekend.

 photo DB55665F-33F7-4B5D-AF4F-84D765E44999_zpsqbff4c17.jpg

My birthday was last weekend and we continued to celebrate throughout the weekend. I'm loving the flowers my love got me for my birthday. He went to a real florist and picked them out { #oneluckygirl } They are so pretty and have continued to bloom over the last couple of days.

 photo 01509810-83B2-4A07-BEB1-02093910C097_zpsabuv4aho.jpg

As part of our celebration, we went into downtown Delaware for a little day date, and to do a little shopping. We've been stopping at this cute little coffee shop whenever we go into town, and usually get an iced coffee for me, a green tea for Rick, and then we share a little snack. This weekend we had the banana chocolate chip muffin, and it was sooo good!

 photo 1C0B51CF-D59B-4310-BE26-D1FCDF8F8DC1_zpsemxizii3.jpg

We also spent a few hours on Saturday putting together a gallery wall for our stairwell. I'll share the full reveal here soon. I picked up a few pieces as this cute little home decor shop in downtown Delaware, and I can't wait to share more about this cute little shop. One hint, that cute little square heart came from this shop, in addition to another piece we used on our wall.

 photo CDE349BB-AC95-4655-9A20-6C286FB89609_zpsypqx6osd.jpg

We took a little break from our gallery wall project to have dinner, drinks and a few puppy cuddles on the deck. It was such a nice night, I wanted to stay outside all night long...well until the mosquito's came out again (they are eating me alive this Summer!)

 photo 3D6794C8-B3A0-4F92-BBB0-843F10E19FED_zpsybfjltjw.jpg

On Sunday my besties and I had a little girl time. We met up for manicures and pedicures. I use Taupe-less Beach on my nails and From A To Zurich on my toes. It's kind of hard to tell, but the polish on my nails has a little bit of lavender in it. My friend Amy had another taupe shade and it was really pretty too, but we didn't catch the name of it :(

 photo 0038A390-3002-4DD1-B742-A7CEC8B7B335_zpskbk4pc7x.jpg

While we were having girl time, Rick was having a little girl time with my friend Amy's daughter. We are so lucky he is willing to babysit while we have some girl time. He's actually really good with her, and she loves him so much she sometimes will call him her boyfriend. Guess I got a little competition...ha!

 photo AB41227F-2C98-4550-8126-5D6D5215E25D_zpse1zr0hop.jpg


And she enjoyed spending time with Abby and giving her a sticker makeover...

 photo 323F3232-5F12-4752-B9D3-20204966DC36_zpsqy7ueshw.jpg


...poor Abby. Abby surprisingly handled having almost 3 year old around the best. She's actually pretty good around kiddos, but I think that is only because she knows they will most likely give her food at some point.

 photo 512DD241-1BA3-428A-92B2-0BEFAAC69D2F_zps1iyf9aa7.jpg


Speaking of Abby and food, she enjoyed a little chive salad this weekend. I caught her chomping on some of my herbs out on the back deck. Oh beagle!

So guess what? I have some fun posts planned to share this week, including a few DIY's, so stop by again soon!

 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! the flowers are so pretty! and I love that little heart you have hanging on the wall!

    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are so pretty! I'm all in favor of an extended birthday celebration!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!