Holiday House Tour 2015

Monday, December 21, 2015

Happy Monday! And happy 4 days until Christmas! Can you believe Christmas is almost here? To me it still feels like Summer was a few days ago. I can't believe 2016 is almost here.

One of my favorite things about the holidays is decorating. I've been working on decorating our home these last few weeks and I'm finally ready to share. There are still a few things I would have loved to have done, but at this point I'm just going with it and enjoying the sparkle and festiveness of our home. So welcome and hope you enjoy!

 photo IMG_6109_1_zpsnkvel33t.jpg

This is actually one of the photos from our Christmas card shoot, but is a great photo to show our front door. We kept it pretty simple this year with just a wreath and my little outdoor tree. More on our Christmas card later this week :)

 photo IMG_6181_1_zpswd3rkesm.jpg

We have a few holiday touches to our entry way, including our Christmas card from last year framed, and my Christmas card wreath that I made a few years ago. I love getting cards from our family and friends...another favorite part of the season!

 photo IMG_6184_1_zpshlmyctej.jpg

I also added a few holiday touches to our 1st floor bath which is right off the entry way.

 photo IMG_6179_1_zpszzhxyn9n.jpg

One of the first things you see upon entering our home is our Christmas tree. Last year we purchased a fake tree after a few years of bad luck with real trees. I love a real tree, but after dealing with a bug infestation, I'm pretty happy with our fake tree and an evergreen candle...ha! I really love how skinny and tall our tree is. It fits our space perfectly. And Napoleon totally agrees!

 photo IMG_6157_1_zpsm8q30fgi.jpg

A few of the new decorations I purchased this year was this Nativity from World Market, the silver mercury trees from Crate and Barrel and the green tree from Home Goods. BTW, after I took this picture Rick hid the baby Jesus. He said I wasn't allowed to bring out the baby Jesus until he was born. I'm not sure where he is, but hopefully not lost forever...ha! I also updated some of the pictures on our living room gallery wall. You will notice our "Superhero" Halloween picture is now on display.

 photo IMG_6223_1_zpsthx8w19t.jpg

Our mantle is pretty similar to last year, but I did purchase two fun felt garlands from West Elm this year to hang across our mantle.

 photo IMG_6213_1_zpsygfomcyn.jpg

We had to move Abby's bed when we put up the tree, and I swear she loves laying by the tree and the fireplace. We tend to move her bed around the living room throughout the day.

 photo IMG_6138_1_zps2baveyem.jpg

Moving into our dining room, here is the little bookcase next to our back door.

 photo IMG_6146_1_zpsvu5ccznw.jpg

And here is my centerpiece for our dining room table. The cute little wreath is from Pier 1 and the candles are from Home Goods. The mercury candle holders are from Pottery Barn and were a wedding gift from last year. I'm kind of obsessed with all things mercury glass lately.

 photo IMG_6186_1_zpsg0myqds6.jpg

And here is our sideboard.

 photo IMG_6190_1_zpsnlqjuw7b.jpg

For the last two years, Rick has purchased me a Swarovski crystal ornament for each year we have been married. I purchased this metal tree from Crate and Barrel to display them, and since I only have 2 so far, I added some fun red, green and gold ornaments, along with my DIY glitter pinecones, to fill it up. I can't wait to have a beautiful tree full of crystal ornaments someday.

 photo IMG_6195_1_zpso06wb8wx.jpg

Here is the ornament for 2015. Isn't it pretty!

 photo IMG_6227_1_zpsaearvmbl.jpg

I have a few decorations in the kitchen, but my favorite is this Pioneer Woman Charlie cookie jar. I finally got my hands on this (it was sold out forever!), and of course I had to dress him up the minute I got him home. We already have a "cookie jar" for the pups, so I'm planning on using this for extra special treats :)

 photo IMG_6171_1_zpsrhflc0ux.jpg

If you recall, I mentioned last week I was taking a Christmas DIY Centerpiece class. It was a ton of fun, and here is my finished centerpiece. I'm planning on sharing details of the class next week as I already have a few posts planned this week. So check back later this week for more fun posts and a few next week, including a fun festive cocktail!!

You can check our last years holiday tour here.


 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. I love finding fellow Pioneer Woman lovers!! That Charlie cookie jar is amazing, and I love the hat! Your house looks amazing. The sideboard and all the little details are so cute. Your pups are so photogenic, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to comment on! Love the stockings, your centerpiece (wow!), the metal tree with the beautiful ornaments and you have a Charlie! I love the Santa hat idea, I am going to swipe it. :D

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!