Merry Christmas from the Santa Pups { 2015 Christmas Card }

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

My most favorite thing about Christmas time is Christmas cards. I love getting cards from family and friends, but I also LOVE putting together our Christmas cards. Each year around the first of November I start thinking about our cards. I first look for a design I like, and then think of a fun photo that would go with it. And of course the pups get to star in our card every year.

This year I kind of had the photo in mind before the card. I saw some really cute Santa hats at Target and immediately bought them. I knew trying to keep them on the pups' heads was going to be difficult, but I was up for the challenge. Rick on the other hand wasn't crazy about the idea. But he loves me so he puts up with my crazy dog photo shoots.

This year we ordered our cards from Tiny Prints. The last few years I purchased our cards from Minted, but after looking through all of the photo card sites, I ended up liking this card the best. I kind of liked the quality of the Minted cards a little better, but I think it really was all because of the color of the card stock. They turned out nice, I just felt the picture might have printed a little better on a brighter white card stock as opposed to a more ivory stock. But other than that I was happy with how they turned out.

 photo F8FBBC6E-8BF5-414B-9B6E-4F4747D4FE2D_zpsrfltsegt.jpg

So here is the final card...

 photo 98D58A12-C3B0-4CE4-BDDC-8AF206C503BA_zpsvtugixza.jpg

...and here is the back. I like to include a picture of us in case one of our family members is like...who's dogs are those? I think by now most people come to expect and look forward to our puppy Christmas cards. Every year we get lots of compliments on our cards and are always asked "how do you get them to pose for the photo?" Let's just say it takes a lot of pictures. I get to the point where I just keep clicking the shutter and eventually one of them turns out in focus with everyone looking at the camera.

 photo D51D5600-7882-4492-A8AC-671C5FCDD88F_zpshvuhxcoe.jpg

I always display our cards in a cute frame, and right now I have the last 4 cards on display. At some point we are going to run out of room in our house, but for now I'm enjoying them all.

 photo IMG_6104_1_zpsgjmf7yhi.jpg

And here is one more photo from our shoot. I can't get over Abby's ears in this photo and how much attitude Napoleon is giving off. And Miss Bryn is just like...hey guys!

You can find our previous Christmas cards, featuring our furbabies, here: 2012, 2013, 2014

 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. They turned out adorable! Love the Santa hats and that you frame them. Such a good idea! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!