Protein Smoothie Bowl { Gluten-free, Dairy-free and Delicious! }

Monday, February 8, 2016

Happy Monday! I've been drinking protein smoothies every morning after my workout. Right now I use chocolate or strawberry Shakeology powder and have been mixing these with cashew milk and a banana or other frozen fruit. I love having my smoothie every morning, but sometimes I am a little more hungry or just want something more substantial. I normally have either cereal or oatmeal for breakfast, and was missing it a little since I was switching out with my morning shake. I came across an idea for a Protein Smoothie Bowl and just had to try it out and make it my own. { PS I have included a link below for a similar smoothie bowl minus the protein for those who don't have that on hand. }

It was really simple, just throw a few ingredients into a blender, same as my typical shake. But it was a little thicker and allowed me to add some extra fruit and granola. Plus, it tasted just like dark chocolate FroYo, but is dairy, gluten and healthy...yum!!

 photo IMG_6302_1_zpsas7r97g7.jpg

Chocolate Protein Smoothie Bowl
Makes 1 serving

Ingredients:
-- 1 scoop of protein powder (I used Chocolate Vegan Shakeology)
-- 1/2 cup cashew milk (or almond or soy, or you could try chocolate cashew/almond milk)
-- 1 large frozen banana
-- 3 ice cubes
-- 1/4 cup water (or more if too thick)
-- Toppings of choice (granola, fruit, almonds, chia seeds, coconut flakes, etc)

Place your protein powder, cashew milk, frozen banana and ice cubes into a blender and blend until combined. Your mixture may be really thick, so begin adding a little water at a time. I believed I used about 1/4 cup, but feel free to add more if your mixture is too thick. It should be the consistency of frozen yogurt. Then top with your toppings of choice. I used granola and raspberries.

 photo IMG_6302_zpsouifigeu.jpg

I totally want to try this next with the Strawberry Shakeology powder. And if you don't have, or don't want to use protein powder, I came across this recipe that is similar but omits the protein powder and uses cocoa powder instead. I haven't tried it yet, but it would be perfect as a healthy dessert, especially for Summer!


 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!