Another Round of Birthday Fun

Thursday, August 18, 2016

A few weeks ago I had another birthday. My birthday is a little bittersweet. I love to celebrate birthdays, and as a Leo, I love celebrating my own. But this whole getting older thing just stinks. The best way I know to survive birthdays is to celebrate as much as I can, and not count the candles on my cake.

 photo IMG_7252_1_zps5pkelepr.jpg


This year for my birthday I wanted to go to the zoo and feed the giraffes. I saw people doing this a few years ago, and had just missed the feeding time, so it has been on my bucket list for a few years now.

 photo IMG_7257_1_zpsmp6edvma.jpg


Meed Conner. He was a hungry fella and was the only one out of all of the giraffes that would eat anything from us. I guess the giraffes were a little scared of all of us, especially the kids. They also didn't like anyone wearing baseball caps. But luckily Conner cooperated and I got to check another thing off my bucket list.

 photo IMG_7255_1_zpssfzzpabz.jpg


For those who are local, it cost $3 for a few leafs of lettuce. There are multiple feeding times throughout the day, including 9 am, 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm and 5 pm.

 photo IMG_7260_1_zpsv2wm0zpl.jpg


 photo IMG_7277_1_zpstiyht2vd.jpg


We then had to stop by one of my other favorite creatures. A few years ago I took a camel ride for my birthday and checked another item off my bucket list. I think this guy might have remembered me from a few years ago, and was wishing me a happy birthday!

 photo IMG_7317_1_zpscjtfsmxq.jpg


I am always excited to see the flamingos, and enjoyed this one practicing his yoga moves. The flamingos were really active that day, and you can see the one guy in the upper left who was showing off.

 photo IMG_7283_1_zpsw0yqra5s.jpg


It was so super hot that day and most of the animals were lounging around. This guy had the right idea about keeping cool.

 photo IMG_7281_1_zpsbl2tb1sh.jpg


I have no idea why the polar bears weren't keeping cool in the water. There is a baby polar bear named Nora that you can visit with in the morning. We didn't arrive until later in the afternoon, but I would love to go back and see her sometime. I heard they are moving her to another zoo, so I'm not sure if that will be able to happen though.

 photo IMG_7307_1_zpsj6k36e0g.jpg


The elephant was keeping cool with a little hay on his back. It was crazy to see him so close. I feel like most of the time they are pretty far off in the distance.

 photo IMG_7308_1_zpsuitvhysg.jpg


More lazy animals, although this guy was really pretty.

 photo IMG_7244_1_zps1wbyzbiy.jpg


And of course I had to include a pic of my love who made sure I had a pretty amazing birthday.

 photo 575CAD1C-29F7-4893-9FDE-68FA77C9CAE4_zps9n5hjaco.jpg

He started my day off with waffles, bacon and mimosas. Then after our trip to the zoo we had dinner at Cooper's Hawk, one of my favorite restaurants.

 photo BB723655-6A2D-481F-9B73-810436184684_zpsnuwtrzzk.jpg


On Sunday my family and Rick's family came to visit to continue the celebrations. We cooked tacos, Mexican rice and Mexican street corn. It was so delish and a lot of fun to catch up with everyone!

 photo 85213351-EA89-4E6B-8193-A3B2953223DF_zpsvtxzacuk.jpg


My bro and I cheesing it up for the camera.

 photo E5D4E45A-EC11-44CD-98AF-5C30D432C963_zps3ezcoek3.jpg


We joke we only get along when wine is involved.

It was a great birthday, and I'm trying my best to continue the celebrations as much as I can. I love celebrating but I'm not ready to celebrate the next birthday anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!